1 – First Commandment : You shall love God with all your heart, soul, mind and love your neighbor as yourself. Mt.22,39.
- Love one another AS I have loved you. Jn.15,12
- God so loved the world that he gave his Son… God did not send the Son to condemn the world but to save. Jn.3,16-17.
- Without love I am only a sounding brass… Love is patient, kind, without envy, not arrogant. Love does not seek its own interest.
Love forgets offenses, excuses everything. 1Cor.13,4-12.
- Above all, clothe yourselves with love which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Col.3,14-15.
- Love one another… Let love be sincere… Outdo one another in mutual respect. Hate what is evil and hold to whatever is good…
Be cheerful… Be patient. Rm.12,9-12.
2 – These teachings are wonderful but generally we like outdo in finding not the virtues but the defects of mankind. Mt.7,1-5 . So,
- The story of Esau and Jacob wants teach us to love not by words only but with all our heart, spirit and mind. Jas.2,14-18
3 –Be cheerful in your works of charity… Rm.12,8-12.
- Abraham and Sarah laugh Gen.18,12-14 but their son Jacob will be a liar, deceiving, selfish… and will make is brother Esau cry Ge.27,34.38.
In the future Jacob’s sons will make the father cry. Gen.37,35.
4 –Jacob got married at 40 but Rebekah was sterile .
- Jacob did not resolve the problem with artificial insemination but with prayers. Gen.25,22.
- The twin Esau, the red one, and Jacob, the one protected by God
started to fight in the mother’s womb and that fighting is still going on
under the name of Israel and Palestine. Gen.25,22 ; 38,27-30.
5 – The firstborn only, has the right of inheritance. 27.37; 38,27-30. But…
Esau did not care about that privilege w.34 and with an oath
he renounced the privilege of being the firstborn, in favor of Jacob
who after that, willingly, gave his brother Esau bread and lentil stew w.34
6 – This story has many important teachings for those persons who maintain that we become person only after birth…
- While we are in the mother’s womb we do not have any right…
we cannot take any decision, so… we can make abortion at any time .
- If this is the truth… why in a millions of spermatozoa only one can fecundate
one egg and after that together they go to the placenta…
- After few months they start to move… manifest joy, Lk.139-45 sufferings.
- After 9 months urges the mother to open the door because… that mysterious object ???… wants to be born and to be a baby.
- Each cell is very alive… intelligent… They know where they have to go
They know how to form brain, heart, blood, bones, skin…
7 – The biologist Dawkins and… Darwin affirm that because of egoism, and selfishness insects, plants, animals, man can survive…
- In fact the Mantide Religiosa devours the male that has fecundated her.
- In us, we have only the genes that are useful to satisfy our interest .
- So we can eliminate babies because, they are potential criminals that one day can eliminate all of us…. But,
8 –Wilson said that the base of any living is altruism and generosity…
So, each cell… person… gave what is the best of himself in the family, society, school, business, organizations, government, religion… 1Cor,12,12-27… If the different cells do not cooperate… there is… cancer… Some cells destroy the others… So,
- If we want that the world be better, we must become a planetary altruist, unselfish person and, like Jesus, to be ready to sacrifice yourself for the good of the others. Laudato si…
9 –The problem is that some false slogans became dogmas and all the people must follow those teachings and programs making us slaves of those errors.
- For ending malnourishment we need a change of mind not birth control… pills… abortion.
10 – Jacob was worried only about his future…
But we will see how much he has to suffer because of his selfishness.
- God, has chosen him as the beginner of Israelites so he protected him in order to fulfill the history of salvation for all mankind.
11 – Sir 3,1-16 ; Ef.6,1-9. The first step for the personal and social progress… is to respect our parents
- Attachment to money is the beginning of any sin. 1Tim.6,6-10
- We should not worried about our physical life only because God take care of grass, animals and everything that he created.Mt.6,25-34
- We have to work like Martha but, the first duty as Mary did
is to listen the word of God and to put in practice in our daily life.
12 – We can pray : O God, who are perfect unity and true charity.
You have taught us to keep all the commandments by loving you and our neighbor, grant us one heart, one mind, spirit of peace and grace, so that, human family, may flourish in harmony unity and love.
13 – St.Gaspar Bertoni
- We must resolve to serve God at any rate. Oct.5
- Who has good will has enough but it is not good will which does not do
what it can. Oct.6
- As soon as the divine inspiration make itself heard start to work. Oct. 7