1 – Zygote… gamete… spermatozoa… ovocites… embryos. ? ? ?
Many people know these words but very few know the quantity the quality, the role… the size of those living things.
- But all people know that, if an unwanted pregnancy happens, we can use the pill RU 486 and make an abortion without any problem. ? ? ?
2 – In the O.T. maternity was sacred and could start only by the will of God.
- Sterility, only for women, was a curse so, in the B. there are many prayers done from sterile women in order to cancel that condition.
- For male sterility, today, is possible to manipulate the spermatozoa without to be worried about physical or moral problems. ? ? ?
3 –Rebekah’s story, give us the possibility to understand better about the mentality of marriage in the O.T.
4 – Gen.2,7 said clearly that marriage and children are a gift from God.
So children can be born only through natural union between man and women and the blessing of God.
- For Israelites marriage should be done with Jewish tribes only…
- Absolutely no with Canaanites because it was a very serious danger to lose the unique faith in Yahweh.Gen.24,1-8.
5 –Abraham , at the age of 175, called Eliezer Gen.15,2, a very trustful servant and after a solemn swearing, with the touching of Abraham’s genitals w.2
he told him to go to Mesopotamia and to find a wife for Isaac. Gen24,10-11
6 – On that time, only the father and, in this case Laban Rebehah’s brother and God had the right to decide about daughter’s husband. Gen.24,29.
- Eliezer, prayed to God, to indicate which one, of the many women, coming to draw water from the well, should be Isaac’s wife. Gen.24,11-19
- Laban ,after seeing the gifts given to Rebekah Gen.24,22.53 invited Eliezer to stay for 10 days, and to take Rebekah as Isaac’s wife. Gen.24,55,
7 –The swearing, done in front of Abraham Gen.24,2-4 and the will of God urged Eliezer to leave immediately and take Rebekah to Isaac.
Rebekah agreed so they left Mesopotamia for Canaan. Gen.24,58-67.
8 – Today the will of God is useless because most of the couples are living together until opportunity… business… humor… consent it
- But at the beginning was not like that Mt.19,3-12 ; Mk.10,2-12.
- Do not touch the tree… Listen… Woe… If you have ears… Go and do…
- These refrains and many others will come out regularly telling us that God tries to understand the requirements of human beings but in the same time teaches what is right or wrong and what we must do in our daily life.
9 - Abraham ,Gen.25,1… Esau. Gen.26,34 ; 28,9… Jacob… Moses…
polygamy and divorce become tradition and law because of their stubborn heart… But in the beginning was not so… Mt.19,1-10… So,
- If your hand…foot…eye…intelligence…heart… technology... traditions are occasions of sin or… scandal… cut it away. Mk.9,38-48 .
10 – O.T. and N.T. are like the two wheels of the same bicycle, motorcycle, cars… You cannot take one out. They explain each other. Ccc.129
- The authors in the O.T. said that the Messiah will do this and that and, when Jesus came he used the O.T. very often to confirm that he was God
-You are not yet fifty years old, and you have seen Abraham.? Jn.8,57
- We know your father mother you are a carpenter. You are not God.
- Jesus answered … If you do not accept me the stones will cry out…Lk19.40
- Bless those who does not take offense at me… believe in me and follow my teaching about God Father… faith… moral… family… Mt.11,1-25
11 – Ccc.1601-1666 teaches about marriage… women and family.
- Peter and Paul said that wife and husband both of them, came from God
They have the same dignity and duty to love, but different roles.
They should sanctify each other.1Pt.3,1-2 ; 1Cor.7,14.
12- When God wanted to start something important… chooses sterile women
Sarah… Rebekah mother of Jacob who gave the name to the Israelites
Anna… Noemi… Ruth… Maccabeus’ mother… Esther… Judith...
Elisabeth… Mary, mother of God and of the Church.
13 – Man and women different gender different roles but, the same dignity.
- Priests, can transform the bread and wine into body and blood of Jesus
But, they must be born from women.
Most of the social and charitable works are in the hands of women
- Mary the lovable mother, appeared many times to exhort us to convert and to follow Jesus’ teachings.
14 – Ecological education, can take place in the school, media, catechesis, but specially in the family, which is the place in which life can be welcome and protected and develop.
- The family is the heart of the culture of life.
- In the family we first learn how to show love and respect for life.
- In the family, we are taught the proper use of things order and cleanliness.
- In the family we receive an integral education.
- In the family we learn to say thank you and to ask forgiveness
- These simple gestures of heartfelt courtesy help to create a culture of shared life and respect for our surroundings ”. Laudato si N. 213.
15 –These words will help us to understand why in the past and today there are so many problems in the society and in the Church.
- The next story will talk about the rivarly between two brothers.
- After that we will see the importance of the good example from the parents
And to have the same religion for the peace and prosperity of the society.
16 – One day Jesus sent the apostles two by two for preaching. Mk.6,7-13
- Wife and husband are already, by nature, a couple and, one heart.
They should love and work together for their reciprocal sanctification and for the education of their children.
- The stories, that we will meet from now on, will tell us that the love and cooperation in the family, very often, is only a beautiful theory… but very far from reality.
17 – Readings
-The pretty woman without discretion is like a gold ring in the snout of a pig.Prv.11,22
-A good wife is her husband’s crown while the shameless woman is like a cancer in his bones. Prv,12,4
-Better the corner of a barn to live in than a house shared with a raging woman. Prv.21,9
-Better to live in a deserted place than with a raging and abusive woman. Prv.21,19
-The woman of character is more precious than any jewel. Prv.31,10
- She brings her husband only good all the days of her life. Prv.31,12
-She speaks wisely… she is never idle. Prv.31,26.27.
-Charm is deceptive and beauty useless. The woman who is wise is the one to praise Prv.31.30
-I find woman more bitter than death. Her heart is a snare and her arms chains
He who pleases God will escape from her. But the sinner will be caught Eccl.7,26
-Enjoy life with the wife you love all the days of the meaningless life Eccl.9,9
-Wis. 3,13-19 ; 4,1-6 ; Sg.1-8 ; 1Cor.7,1-17 ; 1Pt.3,1-7 ; 1Tm.2,9-15 ; Mk.10,1-9.