1 – “ It is our duty to give you thanks, Father, through Jesus, through whom you made all things, whom you sent as our Redeemer, fulfilling your will. He stretched out his hands as he endured his Passion, so as to break the bonds of death and manifest the resurrection”.( Preface Euch.Pr.2).
2 – The only person who can save us is Jesus because he is a real man and a real God... “ today you will be with me in paradise ”. Lc.23,43
- God is God not because he punishes us but because he forgives us.
“ Courage my son your sins are forgiven...” Mt.9,1-8 ; ccc.1994.
1Cor.15,3-5 ; Eph.2,4-6 ; Rm.6,4 ; Acts.10,40-43.
- All the events, sacrifices, temples, before Jesus, were only symbols and preparation to what Jesus will realize through the Pascal Mystery
Birth, death, resurrection, ascension of Jesus, and sending the H. Spirit.
3 – The blood of animals cannot save us. Ebr.9,11-22 . Is.1,10-20
Jesus is the only Goel= the victim; the way Jn.14, 6; the door Jn.10,1-10;
the corner stone Acts.4,11-1 2; the name Ebr.7,2-27 who can save us.
4 – Jesus, real God, and real man but... without sin... wants to save us through the CHURCH... sacraments... our cooperation... our good deeds prayers... and especially through the sacrifice of the Mass. G.et Sp.40-45.1Pt.2,4-9 ; 18-25 ; Mt.11,28-30 ; Rm.5,1-8 ; Acts.2,14-41 ; 4,11-12 ; Jn.10,1-10 ; 14,1-21 ; Eph.1,1-10 ; Rv.5,8-9. Dominus Iesus . N.12-14 ;
5 - To believe in Jesus, is not only to do many readings on the Bible...but we have to meet... to trust and... to live according Jesus’s teachings
“ Peter, James, John... after they caught a large number of fish...
Followed Jesus, leaving everything ” . Lc.5,1-11.
- God does not ask for sacrifices... celebrations but, justice and love.
Is.1-2 ; Rm.14,17-19 ; Gal.5,13-14.
6 - Some theologians think that in Jesus teaching, there was an evolution and maturity, in making the history of salvation, because in his teaching there are many contradictions and... and discontinuity.
- But because of these apparent contradictions, we can see that the authors are telling us the truth. If the writers, have reported the teachings and miracles of Jesus using the same words and situations, it should be clear that they have copied each other.
7 - But the apparent contradictions are telling us that Jesus has a very clear program and he tries to go on, with his plan of salvation, even if the Apostles and, people... authorities could not understand.
- In fact in order to fulfil the history of salvation, Jesus became a real man and he started to work as carpenter.Lc.2,1-52 ; Mt.13,53-58.
8 - At the age of 30 = maturity, Lc.3,23, he started the preaching, giving a very clear program for those who want to be his disciples.
“ Blessed the poor... who mourn... who are gentle... who hunger justice... the merciful... the pure of heart... the peace maker... the persecuted...”
Not good wishes but reality. Mt.5,1-47; 12,46-50.
9 – In this programmatic sermon, there is no demagogy... but only truth...
- The only way of salvation is to refuse sin... any evil... to die on the cross.
“ From that day, Jesus, began to make it clear to his disciples that he would suffer... Go behind me Peter... Satan... You are thinking not as God... If you want to follow me... take up your cross...” If you want to be first, make yourself the servant ” Mt.16,13-27 ; 20,17-28.
- No human leaders are so clear... precise... in presenting their program.
10 -Jesus wants to be with us and to be eaten through the Eucharist. Gv.6,1-66.
- It is difficult to understand these teachings so Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit who will help to understand and... to follow him.
Lc.24,36-52 ; Mk.16,9-20 ; Acts.2,1-48 ; Jn.16,1-15 .
Dominus Iesus N.19-22.
11 - After the coming of the Holy Spirit, the Apostles started to proclaim the teachings of Jesus and to celebrate his sacrifice for the salvation of all.
“ Take and eat... this is my body... drink my blood...which is poured out for the forgiveness of sins.”Mt.26,26-29 ; 1Cor.11,17-34.
12 – The history of salvation is like a large mosaic with... many tessera... symbols... persons... situations... religions...
- The most important tessera is Jesus and... his revelation
- Each person... religion... can understand God’s teaching in different way
- The O.T. is only the beginning of that revelation that will be completed by Jesus and we... will understand it fully only in the eternal life.
13 - Eternal life is to know = to possess the Trinity... Jn.17,3.
- Now we can know God by groping. Acts 17,27.
- We can see only the negative God ccc 43... not the merciful God.
14 - The B. summarizes the humanity in one word = ISRAEL.
Israel is each one of us with our bad mind... idols... slavery of sins...
- The merciful Father came to save all Israelites... through Jesus.
- God took the two pieces of wood = Jesus and sinners and put together through the redemption. Ez.37,15-28
- Now God can be worshiped in... 144.000 ways.... Rv.7,4 .
but with one love... one faith... one NAME.. . JESUS .
15 - All of us, are like a meaningless brick... tessera... into the history of salvation... but if we try to cooperate with Jesus... the only bridge HE can take us back to the Trinity... in the way the he knows,
Unless... we refuse salvation and God’s love... with our sins.
16 - God is knocking at the heart... life... of each person.
- God is the tree of life for everybody who believes. Gn.2,9 ; 3,23-24 .
- But God will give his eternal life according our deeds. Rv,22,12-21.
- So, God’s will, God’s mercy and our free cooperation, must be together
17– Church is called Catholic or universal because
1- It has spread throughout the entire world.
2 – Is teaching fully and unfailingly all the doctrines.
3 – Brings under religious obedience all persons.
4 – It heals every type of sin. 5 – Possesses every kind of virtue.
6 – There is One God, one Redeemer Jesus, one Sacrifice, one Pope.
* Church means an assembly of all persons called out and gather them together Lv.8,3 ; Dt.4,10 ; Ps.34,18 ; 67,27. 1Tm.3,14.